PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some of my posts contain links to Amazon.com.
Coffee. To some it’s the nectar of the gods, to others, it’s nothing short of poison.Some awesome bloggers like this lady and this gentleman, who enjoy researching much more than I do have already written some great posts on the benefits vs concerns of coffee drinking.
As for me and my house? You’ll have to pry our joe from our cold dead hands. Every morning for my darling husband and myself begins with a pot of fresh burr-ground organic coffee. (This is the coffee maker we use. It grinds and brews and is programmable so you can wake up to fresh ground coffee!) We like it with a splash of half and half, no sugar, but every now and then, we all crave something fancy.
I worked as a Starbucks barista for two years, and I can tell you that a pricier drink doesn’t always equal a healthier drink. Starbucks doesn’t use organic beans to make their espresso beverages like mochas and lattes. They also no longer offer organic milk. Their syrups are made from pure sugar, and the type of sugar is not specified. Usually this is a red flag to me that instead of using cane sugar, a company is likely using gmo beet sugar. In general, I would recommend making your own fancy coffee drinks at home using real food ingredients.
Here are some delicious recipes from some of my favorite bloggers for the next time you get a hankering for something fancy and delicous.
1. Better Than Bulletproof Coffee from Butter Believer
2. And a Paleo Mocha Frappuccino from Don’t Mess With Mama
3. Dairy Free Peppermint Mocha from Primally Inspired
4. Gingerbread Latte and Peppermint Mocha with a vegan option from Healy Real Food Vegetarian
5. Iced Mocha with Almond Milk from Loula Natural
6. Dairy Free Mocha Coffee Cooler from Healthy Living How To
9. A Cinnamon Vanilla Latte from Primally Inspired (she uses Dandy Blend, but this would be great with coffee too!)
10. Iced Bulletproof Coffee from The Paleo Mama
11. Lavendar Mocha from Wolfpack Lovin’