Last night I was craving something delicious in a big bad way. The only problem was, I had no treats made. Boo.
I considered making brownies or working on a recipe for coconut flour cookies, but honestly, I just wanted to grab something and eat it, not reinvent the wheel.
Enter this recipe for paleo chocolate mousse. It takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare, and if you’re a real foodie, you probably have everything in your pantry or fridge already. It’s supposed to set up in the fridge for an hour, but just between you and me, I cheated and froze it. It was ready in 15 minutes.
This would be really amazing for a romatic dinner por deux too. Whip it up before dinner, and it will be done setting in time for dessert. And you’ll look like you slaved all day to make it.
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, put chocolate chips, egg and liquour into a blender.
- Pulse the blender several times to combine ingredients.
- When coconut milk is very hot but not quite boiling, pour it over the chocolate mixture.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mousse into 4 teacups, demitasse cups or small jelly jars.
- Refrigerate one hour, or until chilled and set.
- Top with whipped coconut milk.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.