PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some of my posts contain links to Amazon.com.
Zucchinis. Is there anyone on earth who can’t grow them? It’s one plant I’ve had good luck with, but my pride at having grown a bumper crop of…something, usually turns to dismay as I realize I can only bake so much zucchini bread. What else is zucchini good in? Lots of things, I’m sure, but they grow faster than I can cook sometimes!
Thankfully, this recipe is quick. It only takes about ten minutes to prepare, so you can get back to figuring out what to do with the rest of your summer squash.
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grass fed jack or cheddar cheese such as Kerrygold
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup feta cheese OR cheddar OR jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Saute zucchini and garlic in butter in cast iron skillet until soft
- Remove from heat and mix in dill, salt, pepper and cheese
- Spoon zucchini mixture into pie plate.
- Pour eggs over zucchini mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing, or serve chilled