PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some of my posts contain links to Amazon.com.
Scent and memory
Smell is one of the most important senses and is closely linked to our memories. We all want our homes to smell wonderful and create beautiful memories for our families.
Not all air fresheners are natural
Commercial air fresheners often contain volatile organic compounds such as benzene and formaldehyde which can lead to asthma, headaches and cancer. They also contain pthalates, which contribute to reproductive issues including birth defects. Some of the “fresheners” with these ingredients are even marked “natural”!
Scent your home the healthy way with this air freshener recipe
This recipe is an all-natural alternative to artificial air fresheners and room sprays. It’s also less expensive and creates a nice little bit of humidity if you are using a heater or the weather is dry.
Scent your home with real natural ingredients!
- 2 Oranges, Sliced (you could also use leftover orange or lemon peels)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks or 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- Fill a saucepan with two quarts water and two tablespoons white vinegar
- Add remaining ingredients
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil until it becomes aromatic
- Turn down heat until mixture is simmering
- Check back often, your water will evaporate and you will need to add more from time to time